Therapy Services – Jaime Parnell
All therapy services for clients are strictly confidential. Jaime will make suggestions about the possible course that therapy could take so that clients can make an informed decision about whether to proceed with treatment .
All treatment goals and plans are made collaboratively and if at any stage a client decides to end therapy, Jaime will suggest other avenues of support that might be more appropriate for them.
- Individual counselling sessions for children, adolescents and parents covering anxiety, depression, stress and worry, dealing with a trauma history, social skills training,
- Supervision for staff providing general supervision for professional development. Supervision is a critical and most valuable component of clinical work. Supervision can be designed for individual needs and can be content or process based. If you are interested in professional supervision, it is important to meet and discuss your individual requirements before committing to a supervision arrangement.
- I am a provider for the Better Start for Children with Autism package and Better Access for Children with Disabilities and link to websites.
Assessments take from two hours onwards and depending on the age and capability of the person may be done in smaller time slots. I can provide a range of psychological assessment services including:
Cognitive and Intellectual Assessment
Cognitive and Intellectual Assessments involves testing of a person’s cognitive abilities. This is sometimes called IQ testing and identifies strengths and weaknesses in a person’s cognitive abilities.
Academic and Scholastic Assessment
Academic and Scholastic Assessments involves testing a person’s academic abilities, that is what their school levels are currently. Combined with cognitive testing this can identify learning disorders and direct interventions that are individualised.
Autistic Spectrum Disorder Assessment
Autistic Spectrum Disorder Assessments involve testing for autism spectrum disorder and provides interventions and support with diagnosis when going to a paediatrician.
Functional Assessments involves looking at the current behaviours where there are difficulties and identifies the function of these behaviours and interventions that will support the decrease of these behaviours.
Attention Assessments involves testing of attention abilities that are consistent with ADHD.
Diagnostic Assessments involves a full screening when clients are unsure if they meet the criteria for any disorders as outlined by the DSM 5.
Group programs are run in small groups with a maximum of 8 and focus on different skills. These can include basic social skills to interventions for specific disorders including anxiety and separation anxiety.
Regular group programs are run throughout the year. A rebate is available through medicare with a current mental health care plan specifying attendance at the group. View all our Group Programs here.
We have a number of group programs including problem solving; anxiety and stress management; problem solving using Lego; and perspective taking groups.
All groups run for one hour and run for 6 sessions. You are required to attend an initial assessment to ensure we have a good group fit so hat we have good matching of group members.
Medicare rebates are available with a mental health care plan.
Individual counselling sessions for children, adolescents and parents covering anxiety, depression, stress and worry, dealing with a trauma history, social skills training, strategies for dealing with ADHD, emotional regulation; and strategies for managing behaviours associated with Autism.
A range of lifestyle programs are being offered. These include a
- Homework club to support children with completing their weekly homework. Sessions are paid for on a term basis and paid in advance. There are limited places and times for these sessions. 50 minute sessions once per week for the duration of the school term. To register your interest or to confirm a place, please contact us. These sessions are not tutoring and Jaime can help provide referrals to specific tutors in our region.
- One on one social skills training sessions. Sessions are paid for on a ten session basis and paid in advance. These are individual sessions and 50 minutes in duration.
- One on one support for English assignments for adolescents with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Individual support with assignment layout, planning for assignments and monitoring progress.
- One on one support for life skills. These sessions are conducted in the office and are focused on teaching specific life skills such as organising identification, budgeting skills, planning and organising a household. These sessions are 2 hour blocks and run for 8 weeks. Please contact to discuss sessions availability.
- Values workshop for girls. This workshop is conducted in a group session over a half day with a focus on identifying our core values and how these impact on our daily lives. Cost is $100 per person. Please contact to register for the next workshop.
- Skin care regime workshop. This workshop is conducted in a group session and is over a 3 hour period. It is run in conjunction with Allure Hair Creations and covers a basic skin care regime including cleansing, toning and general skin cleanliness routines. The cost is $100 per person. Please contact to register for the next workshop.
- Jaime will be attending training in the SAS program in 2015 and a small group will run in late 2015, please register your interest here.
Supervision for staff providing general supervision for professional development. Supervision is a critical and most valuable component of clinical work. Supervision can be designed for individual needs and can be content or process based. If you are interested in professional supervision, it is important to meet and discuss your individual requirements before committing to a supervision arrangement.
Please register your interest for any Assessment , Group Programs, Individual Counselling, Lifestyle Programs or Staff Supervision and we will let you know availability, dates and time.